Thursday, May 20, 2010

Forgiveness for who?

Now I apologize in advance for the non timely nature of the subject matter i wish to discuss today, this will be my first blog and in lieu of succumbing to writer's block I chose rather to go with the first subject that came to mind. you see earlier today while riding around in the truck with a good friend of mine named A.J. Drewsen, and discussing our favorite blogs, i made the comment "i wish i had a blog". it was at that very moment that i realized that in fact i do have a blog. this one. another good friend of mine named Julia Morbo set it up for me as a means of disseminating information to members of a group i formed that is called the Underground Apostolate, though we have yet to successfully implement it as a regular medium for this task.
nevertheless i do have a blog, and intend to start using it as a creative outlet and a way to feel that i have said what i must to the general populus. the fact that there is no visitor count will surely help spare my feelings in light of the fact that noone will likely read it.

so on to the thought i was having as i sat down to write.

it occurs to me that while the majority of us are self described to one degree or another as "pro-life", and we regard ourselves as being people of forgiveness, that the one element of our society that we will always fail to forgive, are our fellow pro-lifers who take it too far, and do something about it. we fear that making statements in regards to our needing to forgive them, might somehow change others perception of us and therefore remain steadfast in our denunciation of more than just the sin, but the sinner also. now compare this to the way we treat other offenders, those who wouldn't be proud to call us their friend and it seems to me that at the moment these men who kill abortion doctors realize that they've gone too far, the moment they need someone to love them, the very people who hold the same values as them, turn and spit at them right alongside the mainstream that is also spitting at them, and the far left who are screaming for their blood.
where else is this acceptable behavior?
a few months ago i stumbled my way onto a link for a document in which a highly celebrated Catholic intellectual, who's name escapes me, wrote a response letter to convicted abortionist-aborter, in which he told the man that he was damned. i struggle to think of another situation wherein this man of great knowledge of our faith would tell someone they are damned.
so, the next time a lone wolf, blows a fuse and offs a member of the other team, lets try and retain our composure as Christians, lay down our concern for other people's opinions, and forgive the man, love him anyway, and pray for him and his family in the wake of the horrible choice he has made. remember that he did the wrong thing for the right reason, and had he had the blessing of your education and your ability to process emotions, and your self restraint, then he wouldn't have done it in the first place.

in future blogs i will have substantiating links and be able to site references for my info. this post is just to shake off the cobwebs so to speak.

Julia, lets get together and you can show me how to link other sites.

peace, timmy

1 comment:

Juls said...

I agree, Timmy. Any time I hear a 'good Christian' Catholic telling a pro-choicer that they'll 'go to hell' or something of the sort, I feel that it's not right to condemn others when they are no better than youself. God forgives all; we should too. And these pro-choicers need prayer...lots and LOTS of prayer. They need to see that Christians/Catholics/just plain ole pro-lifers aren't here to condemn and shake a finger at others and think we're better...we're here to SAVE those babies...end of story. It's not a matter of "I'm right...you're wrong." But I do pray that those pro-choicers see the right...and that those condemning pro-lifers see the wrong.
Next meeting I'll try to help you with the linking thing. I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about...so when I see you in person it'll be easier for me to understand what you want from me. lol